Halloween

Halloween

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Carpooling, Jazzercize, Gas Prices, Oh My!


Since I haven't blogged in a LONG time, I thought I would make a quick update.

Reasons I haven't blogged:

1. It's crazy hot here. It's been over 100 degrees for the past five days. Recently, we have gotten a reprieve (only in the 90's yesterday). Basically, it's been too hot to do anything but go to the pool.
2. We lost our camera. One Bulls Game (and honestly maybe one beer) too many and we got home with no camera. No pictures = no fun things to blog about.

I did want to let everyone know that I am doing a little something to reduce my carbon footprint - I now carpool to work with my friend Lauren. It's pretty great. Besides having someone to talk to and reducing our gas budget by 40%, we are both people who dislike driving in general, so our two days a week as passengers is pretty great.

We also began talking about how we wanted to work out more and brilliantly came up with the idea of going to Jazzercise class. I'm not going to even try to explain it - Lauren did such a fantastic job- so check out her blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, i'm pretty sure i tipped lauren off to it on twitter, but you never know..i should've gone too.

April said...

Man, I want to go to Jazzercize class! I read Lauren's blog and it was funny....it sounds like it really is a great workout! Way to go!
And go Katie on carpooling!! I've been thinking about doing that recently, too!
Lots of love!! Keep on Jazzercizing!!!

jess said...

Good for you for going green and sharing a ride :)

P.S. I meant to comment earlier on how CUTE Bo Jackson is....reminds me of my little Sargie!!

And also, I love the strawberry picking outing, that is SO FUN!

Enjoy the pool time...bummer that it's so hot outside!