Halloween

Halloween

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sweet Home Charleston

I never used to understand people who spoke about the city where they lived as if they were in a relationship. But I have to be honest - I have turned into one. I absolutely loved living in Charleston. And as one person recently commented back "Seriously, what's NOT to love?".

This beautiful city with sweet southern charm. Where the teller at the bank wears a bowtie and everyone calls me Miss Katie. I got to live in a city with Island in the name and became hypnotized by the ocean tides that would rise and fall outside our back deck. Sometimes I'd go to the beach on a Tuesday just for fun. What's not to love?

Every stroll downtown turns into an adventure- a new discovery, a new street, a new favorite. And the weather. Our pool was open in March! Where Doug's drive to work included sailboat, cruise ship & seagull spottings. What's not to love?

The wonderful friends that feel comfortable just stopping by and memories that we have made together with our families. The amazing places we have seen. The sunsets off our back porch, at high tide while the baby ducks swim by. This magical city where we raised our sweet daughter for the first year of her life. What's not to love?

But, as it is with so many relationships - it's time to move on. I really don't want end my relationship with Charleston. I'm hoping it's lifelong - we will be back to visit. That is a promise.




1 comment:

Christen said...

i just love this. love love love charleston, and can certainly relate to loving a city that much. here's to new memories in a new place! xoxo