Willie on the mountain of mulch
Not even halfway finished
View from the WallThis Easter weekend, we took advantage of the beautiful weather to do some yard work. We put in a retaining wall last year and have wanted to put mulch behind it and plant a garden. Unfortunately it's over 65 feet and would take a lot of mulch. So I got the bright idea to order a load of mulch to be delivered. I did my research and found a website where you could calculate how much mulch you need - FYI mulch is sold in cubic yards. According to the site, we needed 6.7 cubic yards for behind the wall. I found a guy on Craigslist who was really cheap and would deliver a minimum of 10 cubic yards. Since we wanted to use the mulch in some other areas - 10 sounded about right. Well, needless to say, we had way too much mulch. We actually gave mulch to all of our neighbors and still had some left. Moral of the story, "Sometimes your eyes are bigger than your yard".
I'll post pictures once everything is finished!
2 comments:
I'm looking forward to visiting and being able to see all the work you have done. It looks great. I'm sure your neighbors are happy you ordered extra mulch.
Congrats! I'm sure it will look fabulous when it is finished. Can't wait to see more pics!
Post a Comment