Halloween

Halloween

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Camping in August?


Doug setting up the tent
View of the lake from our site
Beautiful sunset Friday night
Our new favorite campfire recipe, Ziplock Omelettes

We played keep away from Willie for hours on Saturday. He never got tired of swimming back and forth between the two people played catch. I think he swam for 3 hours straight.


Considering how hot it can be in August, it was literally a breath of fresh air to have cooler temperatures last week. Doug was able to switch his call schedule and have the entire weekend off to go Camping!

Camping is one of our favorite things to do together and we don't get to go nearly enough. I had Friday off (my last Green Friday), so I went early in the morning to claim our campsite on the Jordan Lake. We were able to get the best spot- so beautiful!

Our friend Chad and his dog joined us for most of the weekend festivities- there was plenty of campfires, food, dog playing and lake swimming. We had such a nice relaxing weekend.

4 comments:

Christen said...

Sounds like so much fun!

April said...

That sunset is gorgeous.....looks like so much fun! Glad you guys were able to get away for a weekend. Love you!

jess said...

That looks like so much fun, I absolutely love camping and Sarge would have LOVED swimming in the lake!! Glad you guys got to get away for the weekend.

The Aguilars said...

That site was gorgeous! And I can tell Willie had fun. Glad you were able to have such a fun weekend together!