Did you guys see the movie, Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (pictured above)? It's a story about two friends going back to their 10 year high school reunion. Thankfully, our story was a lot different - and we had a great trip together.
Thursday
Since our flight was delayed we got into Kansas City really late, almost 2:00 am. We did have a lot to catch up on, so the airport time was put to good use.
Saturday
On Saturday, Jamie and I showed up at the end of the second event -a school tour. Even though we only got to see the entryway and library, it's amazing to see how different the school is from 10 years ago. When we were in school, they didn't even have air conditioning. We also met up with some girls from our class for a lunch at a local favorite - The Pizza Shoppe. Jamie & I then walked around Zona Rosa, doing a little shopping. We then headed over for the T-Bones minor league baseball game. The tailgate was a family friendly event, so we got to meet lots of kids. Jamie & I stayed for the tailgate, but passed on the game. We ended our last night in Kansas City with a drink at the Power Plant Brewery- outside on the patio with the trains rushing by.
It was so much fun to hang out with Jamie & Carrie in Kansas City and see so many old friends. I'm so glad we made the trip.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh - I totally forgot about Romy & Michelle! I should have watched it before my reunion. :-)
You look gorgeous, K! I hope my reunion is fun...it's coming up in October.
We need to catch up....we've been playing some SERIOUS phone tag!! What the heck?
Love you much!!
I made the blog! Yeah! :)
Post a Comment