Some of my loyal readers may remember this post - where we explained the meaning of Willie's name. I thought I should do the same for our new baby :)
When Doug and I first started talking about starting our family - we were at one of our favorite places in North Carolina - Jordan Lake. Doug said, "If we have a girl, let's name her Jordan." We spent so many weekends, evenings & days at the lake - camping, boating, hiking or swimming with Willie. We had enjoyed time there with friends and family. You may remember all of the posts about Jordan Lake that I have posted to the blog (they are here if you are interested!) It seemed so beautiful to name our baby after such a special place to us. Of course, that was long before we were pregnant or knew that Baby B would be a girl.
Once we did know that Baby B was a girl - we thought Marie was a perfect middle name. Marie was both my mom and my middle name. It is also Doug's grandma's name and his mom's middle name. We love the inclusion of so many of the wonderful women in our family.
So that's that. Jordan Marie Burgess. Big name - little person.
1 comment:
oh i love this! i love names that mean something! i figured marie was because of your middle name but how sweet that it's all the other ladies, too!
Post a Comment